Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Have a relationship with the food you are with.

We tend to choose our friends wisely, we know who will enhance our lives and who will have a potential to harm us, emotionally or physically. There are people that we gravitate toward and others that we back away from. Perhaps if we develop the same approach to food we would live safer and happier. During the 2nd world war the soldier would call out "friend or foe?" In future I intend to be on my guard when it comes to food and ask are you a friend or an enemy, will you bless me or enslave me? I am going to develop good relationships with food that nurture me and limit my relationship with food that have the potential to harm me. Perhaps if I talk to food before I put it into my mouth I will think twice about swallowing it.
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can pick him up, but pity the man that falls and has no one to help him up. -Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment