Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Lesson of a Fall

A year ago on Father's Day I put three grand-daughters on the church bus for summer camp. The four year old grand-daughter was too young to go so we went home and put a tent up in the spare bedroom and planned to have summer camp at gramma's house. While my sweetheart swept out old leaves from the tent I went up to the attic to get a exercise mat to make a soft bed. Once up in the attic I remember very little, I certainly do not know how I fell eight feet down the ladder. I was sent down town by life flight. I had fractured my skull and had suffered a sub-dural hematoma. By the grace of God I recovered completely and was back at work in eight weeks. I mention this to share that never in my life did I think of my life ending from a fall from the attic at nine o'clock in the evening. Since that time I do not take a single day for granted. I do not bring the future into the present and I do not poison the day with regrets and pain from the past. I multi task less because it dilutes each individual activity. At work I do what is placed before me knowing that it is impossible to be in several places at the same time. I do the best that I can and I trust the rest to God. I can stress or I can trust.

2 comments:

  1. Will try to keep up with this Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gillogly Clan, Thank you for your support, I am praying that we will all be blessed in some measure.

    ReplyDelete